Monday, 2 June 2008

A Busy Day

Well, today started bright and early with a phone call - from the electrician, who said my new hob had arrived. Only a short while after he came and fitted it. I am so pleased to have it. I have said that if it gets damaged again, I shall have to get just an ordinary ceramic hob, but I would seriously miss the induction one. The electrician boiled up a couple of pans of water and could not believe how quickly they heated up. I also told him that I can put a saute pan on the hob for as much as 3 hours and it hasn't boiled dry or stuck. He said he is due to be getting his kitchen done soon - and really wants one like mine!

No sooner had he left than The Best Sister In The World came round and did a lot of work in my little garden, planting out the busy lizzies and removing a large plant that was dying. She weeded the beds and pots and took away one pot that I didn't need. I am going to buy a plant at the big garden centre tomorrow for a nice blue pot which had held lobelia which needed to be planted out. In fact there were 3 plants there, so she has arranged them together but with gaps between them. I gave her her full title above because what she did was over and above the call of duty.

Then off to play bridge. It was a most enjoyable afternoon, but would have been better if I had seen a point or two in my hand! After that, back to have tea with the Scrabble group.

So now it is time to start organising my evening meal.

1 comment:

Moobs said...

Is there anything worse than a disorganised meal?