Thursday, 11 December 2008

Allen Keys

Today I have been busy cooking a silverside of beef, one of these very easy recipes that you just use what you have to hand.

This afternoon I discovered that the footstool that goes with my reclining chair was very loose, so I found:

- in a box of Allen keys, a plastic bag labelled "Elaine's reclining chair and footstool Allen keys".

I knew immediately who had done this: TSITW, who is always meticulous with her labelling. I keep trying to emulate her, but never quite succeed. The footstool was an easy job, the chair rather less so, however it is done, even if I had to crawl to the settee arm to heave myself up.

Carpet burns to the knees.

That is why I have come through to the computer to have a rest.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I only wish I really were so organised. I try, but still have a drawer full of mysterious keys. If I throw them away, I'll be sure to find out what they are for!

SeaSpray said...

I aspire to that level of organization someday. :)

My aunt was that way. My uncle too.

My mother and other uncle no.

Me..somewhere in the middle. :)

My aunt used to fill her calendar in January for all the coming birthdays, anniversaries, etc., and make time out and be ready to get them out on time and she always did.

Elaine said...

To TBSITW: Of course what you have to do it place the keys in a suitable container and label it "miscellaneous keys".

Elaine said...

Ah, you mean you did this already?

Anonymous said...

Errrrrr yes I have.