I think I am becoming "stir crazy". I decided not to go out until I was feeling back to normal, and so I am currently on house arrest.
I am wearing the wonderful jacket that TBSITW knitted for me; it is so lovely and comfortable and cosy.
Of course, when you have all the time in the world to do things, you do nothing....
I am currently reading Kjell Eriksson's The Cruel Stars of the Night (the second thriller he has written), following the terrific Princess of Burundi, which I have also read in translation. I make no claim to an ability to read any of the Scandinavian languages.
The second book on the go is Barack Obama's The Audacity of Hope.
Not only is his writing crystal clear and gives us "across the pond" an insight into more of what is behind the scenes in American politics.
My greatest hope is that, in Barack Obama,more Americans may join him in having audacity to hope and that the country may recover from the truly terrible situation in which it now finds itsself.
Wednesday, 31 December 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Elaine,
I to am not feeling well. I'm trying to decide whether to go to afternoon scrabble with the ladies.
And what about that New's Eve party?
I should probably stay home and rest.
You are smart to do that.
I am an Obama fan, but I've not read his book. I am sorry he is inheriting so many problems. I do have HOPE though.
Wishing you many blessings in the New Year!
I have watched Kenneth Branagh's film "Hamlet" twice in the past two days. It's five hours long. Call me crazy, but it seemed to be exactly what the doctor ordered.
HAPPY NEW YEAR ELAINE!!!
- M
Happy New Year Elaine!
I thought I'd come over to Scotland to wish you a healthy, happy, prosperous and blessed New Year..2009! :)
(((( HUGS))))
'Dreaming. I'm always dreaming. Hoping, One day to find....'!!!
Happy New Year, Elaine.
Post a Comment