Now all my decorations are in place and the lights are on; I also have the light on the coal-effect fire on as that adds to the festive feel.
My only visitor was the daughter of the gentleman who owns the paper shop. She is really charming and chatty. She commented on my Christmas decorations, and I said that, of course, this was not a festival of theirs. She replied that no, their festival, Eid, was earlier on but that they tend to end up with two celebrations as the shop is closed for Christmas and New Year (no newspapers) and she too is to be off work.
She told me that her father has been unwell with a flu-type illness and so she has been helping in the shop after her work, so she will be very glad of the break as she is rather tired. I sent my best wishes to her father and told her that I had described him as a perfect gentleman. She laughed and said that he could be a bit grumpy!
This afternoon I made rice krispie cakes and my arm is rather sore from the stirring. They smell delicious and I hope I can wait until they are cold to put them away in boxes.
Saturday, 20 December 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I think that Rice Krispie cakes(Squares are what we call them) are one of my favorites.
Can I trade you for your rice crispies for my mince pies? just kidding I love those things just they are extremely bad for me
Post a Comment