I am delighted to report that the new dose seems to be working and I continue to have a good night's sleep.
As this is the first day in Advent, our house manager and one or two residents put up and decorated a Christmas tree in the residents' lounge and hung up many decorations together with some others on tables. There is also a "singing santa" on the fireplace!
The event may be sacred but the decorations are definitely not although I must confess the room looks very bright and cheery.
This afternoon I went to the bridge club. My usual partner had said she might not make it, and indeed she did not turn up, so I ended up playing with S. our leader. In spite of playing for once with a clear head, I made a number of mistakes. I am sure I shall learn from some of them, but I shall never remember them all. My usual partner will be pleased to discover that we came third last week.
I arrived back in time to join the ladies (the gentleman was absent) for a cup of tea and a biscuit, and a good blether.
I had no longer sat down than the telephone rang and an old friend, whom I have not seen for ages, called I. I invited him over for a meal, but he insisted on taking me out. We agreed on a venue as it was better not to be any distance from here and I have phoned and made the reservation for Wednesday evening.
Monday, 1 December 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Please pass on my best wishes to you dining friend, whom I hope to see before Christmas.
Oooh, Elaine - a hot date! Expecting to hear all the details fit for print....
- M
to TBSITW:
I certainly shall.
To Marcheline:
that will be very little, I think.......
Elaine,you are a dark horse!
Hope you enjoy the meal
To Barbara,
Neigh, neigh!
Post a Comment