Wednesday, 10 December 2008

Christmas Hat Night

Yesterday evening was the Christmas Hat Night at the Bridge Club, so we had to get there for promptly 6.30 before the gannets stripped the table. There were 52 people there and there was a grand selection of goodies. I tried not to be too greedy and took quite a lot of the fresh fruit on cocktail sticks, but could not resist a mini pie (not good, so I left it), a mini iced mince pie, which was delicious and some brie.

I also had a glass of red wine which I popped over to sit at the bar when we started playing!

We drew cards giving the table number and direction - I was Table 2 West and found myself playing with someone I had not met before. However, we sorted out marking up our cards with the system we follow and got on like a house on fire. She was so pleased that I recognised a transfer and also left her in a bid of 3 hearts. It was such a relaxing fun evening and such a change from playing with my usual partner who is very intense.

The upshot of the evening is that I did not get home until almost twelve, so I got into my pyjamas and a wonderful warm dressing gown that was a gift from TBSITW. After a seat in the light of my small Christmas tree's lights and those of my basket of lights I went to bed and slept like a log.

This morning I feel as though I have been run over by a truck!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your Xmas hat sounds wonderful!! I really do think you should all play wearing outrageous Ascot type hats though :-)

I hope the Truck apologised for its bad behaviour :-)

Sage said...

Glad you had such a good evening, and hope you are now feeling more like your old self.