(No, not in the vein of "Mommy Dearest"!)
This morning daughter and I arranged to meet at a Farm Shop equidistant between our two homes. We enjoyed our respective lunches - I had broccoli and pear soup with cranberry ciabatta and she had macaroni cheese.
We both went and had a good look round and I bought one or two vegetables - tomatoes, rhubarb and russet apples. I also treated myself to 4 mince pies and scones as well as a little Christmas ornament that I could not resist.
Over lunch we had a grand blether and caught up on a lot of things. I then handed over Christmas presents for her two boys and a black bun from Dobbies. I can testify that it is absolutely delicious!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I love farm shops, they are a source of endless fascination for me and a good way of picking up new recipe ideas (other than from your blog of course lol)
I don't think your farm shop would be what we'd call a farm shop here. What on earth is a black bun?
I really enjoyed our lunch too. Should have checked out your blog earlier though - would have known about the black bun - thank you!!
Post a Comment