Monday, 8 September 2008

Bridge and Book Revue

Today I went to the Bridge Club to discover to my delight and pride that my partner and I had come first last week, but later discovered it was 2 weeks ago. It is so exciting, particularly as there were quite a number of players on that occasion. Last week we came third out of 4, which is still better than our usual bottom.

I have just finished reading Salmon Fishing in the Yemen by Paul Torday.

This book is written in the form of emails, diary entries and responses at an inquiry.

It is gently humorous, but not in terms of The Number One Ladies Detective Agency, but more in terms of A Short History of Tractors in Ukrainian.

I really enjoyed it it and I recommend it.

2 comments:

A. said...

I enjoyed A Short History of Tractors in Ukranian, so I'll look out for Salmon Fishing. The title almost sounds as though it's been modelled on the Short History.

Sage said...

I loved the Salmon Fishing book, very gentle humour and made for a sunny sunday afternoon.