Thursday, 4 September 2008

An Apology

Yesterday I posted a crit. about a book I am reading and it was rather unfavourable.

In my haste to add that post I gave no thought to the feelings of daughter who had loaned it to me when it was in a pristine, unread condition. Additionally, she was looking forward to reading the book and I have taken the edge off her anticipation.

This was unnecessarily rude and unthoughtful of me, and I owe her a huge apology.

So, here it is: a HUGE APOLOGY. And big hugs from a mother who is sadly much less than perfect.

4 comments:

Sage said...

It is so easy to put one's foot in it without even trying these days, but I am sure that daughter will forgive you and make her own mind up about the book.

Nice apology though ...

{{hugs}}

Anonymous said...

What's she moaning about? You didn't give away any major plot secrets!

;-)

Elder Son (aka Big Brother)

Anonymous said...

The truth is sometimes a teeny bit unpalatable! Fear not, Elaine, you will be forgiven, I have no doubt.

Anonymous said...

Of course you are forgiven - there is nothing to forgive!! BTW was NOT moaning (for BB's benefit). Had merely mentioned that it was a pity you weren't enjoying the book and I value your judgement enormously. I will, of course, still read the book. I do know that our tastes sometimes differ. Dan Brown being a perfect example (only mentioned him to annoy BB, naturally ;-)