Tuesday, 30 September 2008

Bridge and Exercises

Yesterday afternoon was bridge once again. We found that last Tuesday's results were on the board. We came second bottom (still at least some played worse than us!) I really enjoyed the afternoon. I keep making the odd mistake in filling in my scorecard, so I have to score it out and the card looks messy. However, I saw one of the players using a pen with a built in eraser.

So, what did I do?

Tracked them down on the internet and ordered them.

Thought I had ordered two, but found it was two boxes of 12.

That should keep me going for a while.

I had quite an early night last night and wakened in the mmiddle of the night for the usual trip to the loo (too much information). Judging from the quality of the light I thought it must be around 4 am. Unfortunately the clock showed 7.10. I crawled back into my lovely warm bed, but after about 15 minutes I forced myself to get up.

I got myself to the exercise class and did not feel too great while on the Bicycle. The physio came and asked me how I was feeling and I had to confess it was not too good. She said I was looking white and told me to sit down and have a drink of water then sent me home.

I think I mentioned that I felt a bit faint last week when I stood up with the afternoon cup of tea group and this felt much the same.

I came home and made myself a good cooked breakfast and now I feel better.

I find it difficult to make breakfast first thing on any day, but I can see I absolutely must before I go to the exercise class

5 comments:

Sage said...

two boxes of 12 :-) that's as bad as me when I ordered what I thought was 4 cans of baked beans from Sainsbugs.. only to find that I had ordered 4 lots of 4 cans :-(

I don't like this bit when the days get shorter, though I do love the autumnal colours and crispness of the morning air.

Elaine said...

Ah, I have found that you have to be very careful about weights (all this new Kgs instead of old fashioned poounds means that I have not infrequently ordered too much of something.

Anonymous said...

I did my bike training before breakfast, but did have a large glass of pomegranate juice before leaving and lots of water throughout.  Hydration is essential, and the juice gave me some immediate fructose.  The rest of the energy supply came from my waist...For most folks, though, a breakfast is essential before breakfast.

love

Elder Son

Elaine said...

Glad to hear you are keeping up the bike training.

Anonymous said...

To Elder Son - breakfast before breakfast eh? Well that would explain the waistline!!
I find a banana before excercise about all I can manage and it seems to keep me going (along with loads of water, of course!)