Yesterday after Church I managed to get 2 loads of washing done and out of the way. I know I talk about this beyond the point of boredom, but it is such a bore for me too as I have quite a long (well -ish) walk to the laundry room and each time you hope against hope that there will be a machine free. I was in luck and the place was empty, not one machine in use. So on with the first load and the second load in a bag in front of the machine to show that it was the next wash to go in there. You are not allowed to use more than one machine at a time (and I can see the point of this, but by the time the first wash was transferred to the tumble dryer there was still nobody there.
Ah well I got it all finished in time for lunch at 2 pm.
I have been trying to practise my exercises for the class on Tuesdays but I am finding it difficult as I get sore and tired....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Hey Elaine,
I have a question... my cousin, who is a rather well-to-do doctor in the Manchester area, has a clothes washing machine in his house which is so small that it held only two of my sweaters at one time.
I noticed that most of the amenities, including the dishwasher, refrigerator, and showers/tubs, were much smaller than the ones we use over here in the US.
Conservation is a good thing, I realize, but what could possibly be good about spending an entire day putting two items of clothing at a time (okay, I did get four pairs of socks in there) into a washing machine when you could have done it all in one load if the machine was bigger?
Due to the obvious hatred you have for laundry-doing, I am wondering if your laundromat has teensy little machines - or do they have big ones you can put all your stuff into at once?
- M
Our machines hold 9 lbs (about Kg). Don'y know how that soundsto you.
I think that's what our home washers hold here. Commercial laundromat machines hold more.
I don't have a washer at my house, either, so I use a "drop off" service that washes, dries, and folds my clothes for $0.30 a pound. Not too bad, considering I don't actually have to DO the laundry!
- M
Jealousy, jealousy, jealousy..
Post a Comment