Today there were very few of us and so our leader got us to move round in turns. She then had a great time laying into everyone for their mistakes. She got my partner totally stressed out and another lady who is a good player replied when told the whole point of the game was to enjoy herself said "Well, I'm not enjoying it!" I must admit that, while I am happy to learn new things - and have even taken home a note of a very useful tip, I am totally relaxed about the whole thing and I do enjoy it. This is very much not to say that I don't try very hard to win.
I have a very competitive streak.
We went to look at the board for last Tuesday's scores, but they were not up, so we shall have to wait till tomorrow.
In the end we finished early and I arrived back at the ranch in time for a game of Scrabble - the first for a long time.
Monday, 15 September 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Elaine, have you come across "Rainbow Charity " a twice yearly postal quiz -(It can also be downloaded ) a hundred clues cryptic, general knowledge etc all on one theme. Very challenging!Haven't managed to get 100% yet A group of us work on it then get together to exchange answers.All proceeds to charity-this time Gt Ormond St. Hospital
Thank you Barbara - no I had n't. Definitely a good cause, but just now I am fully committed with the charities I support.
Post a Comment