This afternoon by incredibly bad timing: after the exercises of the morning I had an appointment with the dentist followed by the hygienist.
The terrors of the hygienist treatments are offset only by the knowledge that at least I have some teeth to need them!
However, I have to go back for two more treatments which are going to require local anaesthetics.
Oh joy!
I had my teeth x-rayed today for the first time.
I was told that the treatments I was going to have would be more expensive than usual, and I enquired anxiously for a rough idea of the cost.
About £70.
This is less than the cost of going for one visit privately to my previous dentist and hygienist. Not only does the NHS one cost much less, but I reckon I get a better standard of care.
Today's visit to the dentist and hygienist was £5.40.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Dentists and hygienists will, I trust, reap their rewards in the afterlife, or there is no justice.
I have to go private as there is no hope to get NHS dental care in the area without a waiting list or finding yourself in hannibal lecter's waiting room and I am terrified of dentists enough..
The number of people reported who don't go, or can't afford to go, scares me as to the future care of our teeth.
The dentists all went private as the government refused to give them a reasonable return for the work they carried out and thus the country ended up with very few NHS dentists.
The practice I attend appears to take on newly qualified dentists for about a year or so to give them experience of real life before letting them go to go private elsewhere.
Post a Comment