Wednesday, 24 September 2008

Bridge Club

Yesterday I went to the Bridge Club with my partner (G.) She came and collected me to take me there and on the way I had a bit of a chat with her, suggesting that she laugh rather than get upset when S. got at her. I think she took this on board to some extent.

At least we got through the first three boards fine, and when we moved to the next table S. started to say something and I said that she should get at me rather than G. as I had made something of a horlicks with my bidding of one hand at the previous table.

Another thing that helped G. was that it became increasingly apparent that she was giving her partner a very difficult time of it. I kept catching her partner's eye and gave her sympathetic smiles - I could see that she was getting rather fed up. At least that helped G to realise that it was nothing personal.

We had good points through the evening and I ended up playing most of the time (at least it seemed like that. I made a couple of boo boos but otherwise it went well. I now realise that my play is better than my bidding, so I need to put more work in there.

No comments: