Today is TBSITW's birthday, 21 again (and again..) She came over to pick me up to go for a brunch cooked by le chef.
Some brunch!
2 glasses of Tio Pepe (hence the lift).
Home made multigrain (and seeds) bread, topped by black pudding and a poached egg. To the side - two different kinds of sausages - venison and pork, bacon and tomato.
I should make it clear that the black pudding comes from the butcher to which TBSITW took me so that I would know how to find it. He makes his own black pudding and sausages and so on and all the meat is of really good quality.
TBSITW showed me a pot of potted meat, which is a favourite of mine. So of course I went away without it! Still I did take away some rowan jelly (home made) and a few plums.
It is now coming up to 6pm and not only am I not hungry, I am still "full to the brim".
It was a super do and just so good to see them and get such friendly greetings from the (getting older and bigger) puppy - I am covered in hairs, but that is fine: I deliberately did not change into good trousers!
By a strange coincidence TBSITW and le chef have been invited to a dinner party tonight and le chef is doing the driving - and excellent additional present.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Happy Birthday to TBSITW... hope you had a very happy day with family and puppy.
Mmm I love black pudding, but SOH doesn't like it at all..but then he likes fig rolls and I don't. No accounting for tastes.
Thank you for the birthday wishes. On the day, I caught myself about to say that I didn't want any more birthdays - they come around too frequently and too fast, but stopped saying it just in time. Be careful what you wish for......
Super day, great lunch with sis and great night out with friends (I fell asleep on the way home)
Post a Comment