Today is Sunday, which means Church whenever I am able. This Sunday was the first of four quarterly Communion services (they are held on the second Sunday of March, June, September and December).
After the quite appalling weather we have been having, it was marvellous to look out and see sunshine. All right, it was still very windy, and so somewhat cold, but you can wrap up against that. Mind you, the wind was doing its best to knock me off my feet!
I left home in plenty of time and got my car into a disabled bay before 10.10 (and this for an 11am service. Within the space of 5 minutes, the second place was taken. So I just made it!
The Church is always packed full on Communion Sundays (about 400 people), so everyone tries to arrive in plenty of time to get a seat.
This is still Lent, but we are really leading up to Holy Week, starting with Palm Sunday next week.
The “Gathering Storm” leading to the trial and crucifixion of Christ.
Sunday, 9 March 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment