Monday, 31 March 2008

The Wonders Of Modern Technology

Yesterday, after having disgraced myself over forgetting the hour change and sleeping in for Church, I went to the farm shop quite near by and got quite a haul of fruit and vegetables, then drove on to visit daughter for a delicious lunch of crispy baguette with a choice of crisp lettuce, tomatoes, brie and assorted continental cold meats. For me, the brie won hand down. It was good to see the grandchildren – her younger son was eleven and had some friends round, with an outside entertainment laid on for after I left.

Centre of attraction for the boys was a new Wii game. I can see how they have become much more sophisticated than the old Nintendo, but they leave me cold, perhaps to some extent because of the sounds, which is just noise to me!

While the boys were having lunch, daughter and I were settling in for a good blether while she did the ironing when her partner (M) came through and sat down to play with the wii.

Boys and their toys.

We managed to dissuade him and carried on.

He then came back full of enthusiasm for his new toy – a camera, and went on to take my photograph and then showed how you could get distortions to my picture. He wanted to send me pictures to my mobile, but I had to tell him that my battery was nearly flat.

Daughter then produced a charger, which fitted, so we put my phone on charge.

Later it was time for me to go home, leaving them to take all the boys for a meal and some activity (can’t remember what it was).

Then I drove home.

Shortly after getting there, my phone rang, and it was daughter.

Ah, you’re ahead of me here.

Yes, I had left my phone there!

M, bless his heart, brought it for me, and had to dash back in very short order.

2 comments:

Calavera said...

Oh, I always do things like that - in fact, once I actually said, "You know what? They need to make a phone attached to some sort of furniture, or a wall or something, so that I don't lose it..."

Oh dear.

I love the Wii - I have one at home and have spent far too much time on it than I should have.

Also - brie wins! Hands down! Love it! Though I'm also partial to camembert, and wensleydale with cranberries...

Aw, you got me hungry now!

Anonymous said...

Poor deaf old bat :-) Its good to catch up with your news.. glad you had such a lovely visit - our present to Master 11 year old is on its way from Amazon - shared with Mike G and family :-)

A xx