At 8.10 am today the telephone rings and I pick it up. I have difficulty hearing what was being said, but the caller display had showed “WITHHELD”, so I was deeply suspicious that it was some cold caller or something of that ilk and I was all ready to be very cross.
Then in the middle of a jumble of words I made out the word “surgery”.
So I moderated my tone to pleasant, and asked the caller to speak more slowly as I was having difficulty hearing.
It transpired that the caller was a GP at my Practice.
The subject was that she had written with an appointment for a telephone consultation re my epilepsy (known to me and all you medical blog readers as a QOF call).
Unfortunately she now found that she would not be able to keep that appointment. However we agreed to do it then and there.
Glad she had the courtesy to apologise for calling so early, as I might very well have been still asleep at that time.
At least this morning I was up and showered and dressed, so was reasonably compos mentis.
Anyway as expected we agreed to leave everything exactly as it was.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment