Yesterday, I had my physiotherapy class again. I was interested to note that I took 9 paces for the “shuttle walk”, and asked the distance between the 2 shuttles to be told it was 9 metres.
This means that each length of the corridor is 48 metres, and so the walk along the corridor was 480 metres. This is 525 yards, quite a bit over quarter of a mile.
Wow!
It is a pity that I can’t manage this outdoors yet, I can manage in the corridor as, if I stagger, I have a wall to protect me from falling. Additionally the floor has no places to catch you and trip you up.
The vascular surgeon told me that the best way to improve the peripheral circulation was exercise and that the best exercise was walking. This is a very handy free, always warm and dry way to get my walking done.
It was a very windy day and on the motorway you could really feel it. I heard that a lorry had blown over on the Forth Road Bridge, causing traffic chaos.
Came home with more information from the class and another innovation – stretchy rubber lengths that you tie to the leg of your chair and then round your heel prior to doing leg raising exercises. The material is measured to be the right length for each individual. As my left leg is weaker than my right one, I have two different lengths (in different colours).
Came home and opened, and uploaded, elder son’s emails regarding the continuing story of his sponsored cycle ride in Israel.
I can see him getting itchy feet to do the whole thing over again!
Thursday, 13 March 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hi Elaine, It was good to hear from you. I visit, but haven't left a comment in a while. I am glad hear that you are coming along. You are a determined lady. That is quite a bit of walking!
I love to read your diecription of the veg boxes and they make me wish we could get one!
Post a Comment