Sunday, 16 March 2008

Virus, Viruses, (?Viri)

I know that computer viruses can spread over the internet, but can human ones too?

Three people with whom I have been in touch over the internet have all had rather nasty upper respiratory tract inections, in each case starting with a sore throat.

And now I have had the sore throat for a couple of days and today feel a more generalised URTI.

The internet is the only way I can think I might have caught it ;-)

Yuck.

Anyway, on with the good old paracetamol and plenty of fluids treatment.

At least I know it is most probably a virus and so will not go to see a doctor (or even a nurse quacktitioner ;-) with a nod in the direction of Dr Crippen) looking for antibiotics - at least not yet.

I have had too many antibiotics over much of my lifetime starting with sulphonamides in the dim and distant past which probably saved my life.

No comments: