Today I went to the exercise class again - and my body is telling me that I did a good job.
Stopped off on my way home for the usual cheese scone.
In the food hall I bought some mushrooms and also an egg slicer. I always used to be dubious about the value of these things, but I quite often now use a hard boiled egg or two in a salad; I also found quite a nice simple photo frame for the photo of younger son and wife.
Still waiting for a photo of elder son and wife -they have a super one taken for her parent's 70th birthday and I would love to have a print of that. (Is this a subtle hint, I ask myself?)
When I got home I found a parcel containing a ceramic garlic pot into which I placed a very smelly garlic from TBSITW's garden. I have been looking for one ever since I read that garlic should not be stored in the fridge.
Tuesday, 22 July 2008
Exercise Class and couple of Purchases
Labels:
cheese scone,
egg slicer,
exercise class,
garlic pot,
photo frame,
photographs
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Did TBSITW grow the garlic, in which case can she please write a guest post and tell me what I am doing wrong?
Sorry about the mammoth thing.. I meant to write mammoth and ended up writing elephant... 'tis my brain.. full of honey and fluff :-)
I shall duly pass on your message to TBSITW.
Hello Sage
We have grown our own garlic for the past three years and it has been very successful. They say "plant by the shortest day and harvest by the longest day" though our harvest is usually a month later than that. We started with garlic from a catalogue company but now just keep some cloves from one year to the next. This wet summer has not been kind though. Garlic prefers dry conditions to ripen.
Elaine.. thinking of useful things.. I have sent up a supermarket trolley pound token for you via Daughter.
She has a bad memory and needs prodding to give this to you :-)
Oh.. just remind her about the train ticket fiasco lol
Gosh! That garlic is surely just like Dickiebo. Likes the sun - and is kinda smelly!
oh dickiebo, I bet B wouldn't quite put it like that - bet she sends you to have a shower regularly, whether you want it or not!
We were thinking of growing garlic but have never done it. A friend said there is nothing like fresh garlic and so we want to try it.
I didn't know you're not supposed to store it in the fridge. Why is that?
We love eggs in our salad. :)
Oh..and what time of year do you plant garlic. Husband is thinking fall? and do you have to dig the bulbs up from year to year?
to seaspray: - see comment from TBSITW. Yes, I think you should harvest them all then save cloves to plant for next year. As for the fridge, I was told they don't keep so well there, never mind contaminating other things in the fridge with their smell!
Post a Comment