The latest vegetable box contained potatoes and onions plus some lovely new carrots, two kohl rabi, a handful of courgettes, a bag of broad beans and a bag of broccoli. The fruit was 2 apples, 2 oranges, 2 kiwi fruit and a banana. Once again the delivery arrived after I had left for my physiotherapy class, however our wonderful House Manager took the bags in and gave the driver the 3 weeks' worth of empty bags and 3 weeks' worth of cheques.
Today I am another year older, which must be worth some sort of congratulations. I have had a lovely day, with a smashing present from TBSITW - a raffia pig filled with flowers. You might see the point of this if I tell you that she was born in the Chinese Year of the Pig. Le Chef gave me a mug from Culross Abbey to remind me of the wonderful choir there recently.
I should say that I had asked for photographs of everyone to expand my "rogues gallery", and elder son gave me a rather good photo frame which can hold 7 small photos.
TBSITW arrived just before 12, closely followed by the chiropodist (too much information) and then we went to a super farm shop between her home and daughter's home. We had a grand lunch and daughter gave me a lovely necklace of the kind that you put over your head, then double it round and put it over your head again. It was very thoughtful as she knows the difficulty I have with my hands. Her two sons gave me a photo frame (with the requested photo to follow at some point.)
The farm shop was good and I am glad to know how to get there. I didn't spend too much money as I had been shopping at the end of my week away.
After that we went to Sainsbury's - this may sound like nothing, but we have no access to any supermarket apart from A*** and T**** so I bought a few more things.
Now why did I forget kitchen roll?
An easy meal tonight after such a great day and tomorrow I have to start on a washing and a cook-in of lovely mince.
Tuesday, 1 July 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Happy Birthday, Elaine. Hope you will have many, many more to come. Photograph in the post!! (Only joking!).
We had a wonderful time too. Thanks for sharing your birthday. Youngest is off down to local youth club in great excitement as GMTV have a film crew there and will broadcast in the morning. Is on so early that I really will need to revive video player and see if I can get it to record!
Thank you to everybody for your good wishes. It was a really good day!
Happy Birthday Mum!
Another farm shop!?!?
Love
Elder Son
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!!
I hope it was a happy one, Elaine. Wishing you the very best of the best in the year to come.
Love,
M
Happy Birthday!!
I think you know Douglas wants to send you a voucher for some (Totally Medicinal Use Only ) Noilly Pratt. Can you please buy a bottle (big) and let us know the cost?
much love,
Anna
I left a happy birthday message on another thread but heartfelt congrats on your birthday and having such a great idea of a gift. I know I struggle sometimes for ideas for both me and other relatives.
Belated Happy Birthday from me!
OOO! Happy Birthday to you!
Your two readers? Pah!
Post a Comment