I got back rather late yesterday evening from the bridge class, and so slept in a bit this morning. I was just about to step into the shower when the telephone rang and it was TBSITW calling to remind me that the Farmers' Market was on again today and did I want to go?
Of course I did so I managed to get showered, hair done, teeth cleaned, bed made and dressed in very short order and she arrived to take me there. We did a quick stop at the bank first as I had less than £10. Of course, I did not have my cash card with me, so she withdrew some from her account and I transferred funds to her on our return. Because we both bank at the same bank, the transfer is instantaneous.
So what did I buy?
2 double loin chops, some local organic free range eggs, a shin of beef *** two packs of chopped bacon, which I shall fry and use in potato salad, some lambs liver, 2 lemon sole, some carrots and a cauliflower, not to forget a pack of four cheese scones, which we agreed to share.
*** I am going to make a Tinker's Casserole, which was in my recipe blog, but which Sage changed to use shin of beef and I thought it was an excellent idea.
The lemon sole were "whales", so I cooked one this evening and shall do another recipe tomorrow.
Saturday, 12 July 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Watch it, Elaine. You'll soon have cheese scones coming out of your ears! lol.
PS. Please tell me that you pronounce the word as in 'owns'. If u do, you'll make my day, as I'm sure that I'm the only person who does still pronounce it this way.
Sorry, dickiebo, I call them "scawns"
Amazingly, the British banking system is catching up with the technology age. Quite a few banks do virtually instant cash transfers now. This started very recently, but some of the Building Society banks have still to join in.
I will admit to ignoring all the other food you mentioned, and focusing solely on the cheese scones, which sound mouth-watering.
Cheese scones with fried haggis and eggs for breakfast.
That's what I really want.
God, I wish I was in Scotland.
- M
Post a Comment