Wednesday, 2 July 2008

A Quiet Day.....

..... after all the excitement of yesterday, catching up with blogs, washings, and my 2 readers know how much I love that latter job ;-(

I am in the process of cooking my lamb mince and have prepared the onions and mushrooms. The potatoes, carrots and kohl rabi are in the sink awaiting my input with a peeler and a knife. I have discovered that it makes sense for me to prepare 2 days' worth of veg and keep half under water in a jug in the fridge (Laziness is the mother of invention).

I forgot to mention yesterday that I received a most delightful and unexpected extra birthday gift - a tail feather from the neighbourhood peacock, so that I now have two. I spotted him at the weekend walking purposefully across my little patch of grass towards my herb and flower pots. I bet he was looking for my, now non-existent, parsley and a tail feather must have got caught, probably in one of the lavender plants - I have two, bought last year at a bargain price of two for £5 and they are really growing apace.

3 comments:

Sage said...

I love the smell and sheer gloriousness of lavender, todate I have 12 different species collected over time though no success in growing on my own.

I am lucky though, i only live about 70 miles away from Norfolk lavender and regularly visit to get more stocks as I collect the flowers and dry them for supplies to use in creams and the like.

Elaine said...

Oh, I would love to know more about what you do with the lavender flowers. Do tell.

Sage said...

Elaine, I have put up some of the lavender recipes on the blog for you to take a look at.. have more yet to come.. my project for the weekend as SOH is working Sunday and I can spend some quality time on the 'puter.