Sunday, 20 July 2008

Supermarkets Revisited

You may remember that I bought strawberries from T**** today as they were from Scotland.

Well, when I looked more closely as I was opening the pack, there in tiny print it said packed for T**** in Cheshunt!

So, these strawberries have travelled all the way from Scotland to the South of England to be packed and then shipped north to Scotland again.

It beggars belief.

On a lighter note, the two "sisters" on the patio are still doing well. What do you mean you don't know what I am talking about?

Pay attention at the back!

6 comments:

Sage said...

Could have been worse, it might have been outsourced to a european destination.

Whatever happened to the promise of green miles... need to tell T**** that appropriate packaging would help keep costs down and still pay farmers a fair amount for the crop.

Glad the two sisters are doing well, will we get to see a photo?

Elaine said...

Re photo... I don't have a camera, will need to see if TBSITW will take a photo for me and email it to me so that I can put it on my blog.

Pretty please...

Anonymous said...

Remind me, later.

Elaine said...

stop calling me "later".

Sage said...

"Stop calling me 'later' "

That reminds me of a line in airplane, when the lead character (can't remember his name) responds to a question "Surely you don't mean that" with "Stop calling me Shirley"

:-)

Elaine said...

Oh yes, Sage, well spotted. It is that line which has, in all its variations, entered into being part of the fabric of my family.